- Client vs server rendering
- Hmr and hot reloading with the webpack dev server
- How to use different files for client and server rendering
- React server rendering
- Render functions and railscontext
- Rspec configuration
- Webpack configuration
- Upgrading react on rails
- React on rails overview
- Minitest configuration
- How to conditionally server render based on device type
- How react on rails works
- File system based automated bundle generation
- Installation into an existing rails app
- Rails webpacker react integration options
- Convert rails 5 api only app
- Rails engine integration
- Asset pipeline
- Capistrano deployment
- Converting from custom webpack config to rails webpacker config
- Code splitting
- Angular js integration migration
- Foreman issues
- React and redux
- React router
- React helmet
- Server rendering tips
- Troubleshooting when using webpacker
- Webpack v1 notes
- Node dependencies and npm
- Generator details
- Migrating from react rails
- Updating dependencies
- Upgrade webpacker v3 to v4
- Manual installation overview
- Recommended project structure
Copyright 2020 ShakaCode
Where do I learn about advanced Webpack setups, such as with "CSS Modules", "Code Splitting", etc
You can try out example app, shakacode/react-webpack-rails-tutorial. We're building comprehensive production examples in our new, premium product, React on Rails Pro. If you're interested, please see the details in this forum post.
Webpack v1 or v2?
We recommend using Webpack version 2.3.1 or greater.
yarn or npm?
Yarn is the current recommendation!
You should ensure you configure the entry points correctly for webpack if you want to break out libraries into a "vendor" bundle where your libraries are packaged separately from your app's code. If you send web clients your vendor bundle separately from your app bundles, then web clients might have the vendor bundle cached while they receive updates for your app.
Webpack v2 makes this very convenient! See:
Webpack v4 is heartily recommended. If you need help with migrating your project to Webpack v4, please contact me, email@example.com.